Having some problems with the ground floor rooms, Elvita Hotel has decided to renovate their gardens and common spaces.
So I sat down with my cousin Vivian to see what we could do about making these rooms better in terms of accessibility and comfort always having in mind the requirements (and past complaints...) of the guests.
The first complaint we read that was repeating extensively was that the rooms were "basements and not ground....
That left us with very little options...
We had to lower the ground for about 1.5m but the small size of the garden imposed the need of breaking the elevation gradually to achieve the visual effect of an ascending garden rather than the look of a hole....
Here are the renderings we have produced and some construction photos...
Step 1. Take everything out (I'm starting to get the hang of it....) and prepare for war!
Step 2. Prepare your plans for combat....
Step 3. Gentlemen start your engines!
I will add pictures of the completed gardens sometime in March... or April...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of January and gardens are near completion way ahead of schedule....
some tiling later and the garden technician showed up and worked his magic...
I'll post more pics when the grass starts growing up....
So I sat down with my cousin Vivian to see what we could do about making these rooms better in terms of accessibility and comfort always having in mind the requirements (and past complaints...) of the guests.
The first complaint we read that was repeating extensively was that the rooms were "basements and not ground....
That left us with very little options...
We had to lower the ground for about 1.5m but the small size of the garden imposed the need of breaking the elevation gradually to achieve the visual effect of an ascending garden rather than the look of a hole....
Here are the renderings we have produced and some construction photos...
Step 1. Take everything out (I'm starting to get the hang of it....) and prepare for war!
| P.S. The concrete box is a septic tank... mess with it and we will all swim in.... |
Step 2. Prepare your plans for combat....
Step 3. Gentlemen start your engines!
I will add pictures of the completed gardens sometime in March... or April...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of January and gardens are near completion way ahead of schedule....
some tiling later and the garden technician showed up and worked his magic...
I'll post more pics when the grass starts growing up....






No comments:
Post a Comment